These have been popular for a few years but we thought it was a good time to revisit it. They are a quick treat to make up in a rush and especially good if you are not a confident baker but want cake!
Cooking Time: Approx 5 minutes including preparation
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Optional – Chocolate chips, dried fruit or nuts
- Put the flour, sugar and cocoa powder into a large mug and mix.
- Add 1 medium egg and mix in.
- Add the milk and oil and mix until smooth. At this point you can add dried fruit, chocolate chips or nuts if you wish.
- Put the mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on high until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch.
Top Tip – Swap out the cocoa powder for 2 tablespoons of flour and flavour with lemon/ orange zest or vanilla extract instead.