We think most people have a rogue tin or two of tuna in the cupboard (we know we do!) Make it a meal with this easy pasta bake recipe. You can add vegetables or serve with a side salad for a tasty feast any night of the week.
Cooking Time: Approx 40 minutes
- 2 tsp curry paste
- 600g dried pasta
- 2 tins of tuna, drained
- 50 g butter
- 600 ml milk
- 50 g plain white flour
- 1 tin of sweetcorn, drained
- 180g mature/ extra mature Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Boil pasta for 2 mins less time than stated on the pack.
- To make the white sauce, melt 50g butter in a saucepan and stir in 50g plain flour.
- Cook for 1 min on a low heat, then gradually stir in 600ml milk. Stir continuously on a medium heat
- Remove from the heat and stir in all but a handful of the 250g grated cheddar.
- Drain the pasta, mix with the white sauce, two 160g drained cans tuna, one 330g drained can sweetcorn and a large handful of chopped parsley, then season.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with the rest of the grated cheddar.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until the cheese on top is golden brown.
Top Tip – If you don’t have sweetcorn, try adding a few peas, a handful of spinach or top with slices of tomato.