Yes, we know, another curry recipe. Curry regularly tops the lists of Britain’s favourite meals so we thought we would spoil you with another simple recipe. Great if you don’t want something complicated, this is a beginners level curry.
Cooking Time: Approx 30 minutes
- 2 tsp curry paste
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tin of lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 175g frozen peas
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and stir in the curry paste and fry for 1 minute to release the flavours.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes until it starts to brown
- Add the sweet potatoes and lentils and stir to coat in the paste, then pour in the stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes until thickened.
- Add the peas straight from frozen, bring back to the boil and simmer for a further 4-5 minutes. Season to taste before serving.
- Serve with rice, naan bread or chapatti.
Top Tip – Take a look at our flatbread recipe if you don’t have naan bread