Some of the recipes we will be sharing during these unprecedented times are not from our Elements range. We wanted to be able to share receipes to support you during isolation that would be versatile, easy and reduce your food waste. This recipe is from our education dietitian, Hannah.
Cooking Time: Approx 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onions. Cook on a low heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and tomato purée. Cook for a few minutes then add the chopped tomatoes and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 20 mins.
- Use in pasta bakes, as a pasta sauce or as a sauce on top of chicken or fish. Alternatively, allow to cool and store in sterilised jars in the fridge for up to 1 week, or transfer to a container and freeze for up to 2 months.