This is a great one for using up broccoli that might not be good enough as a side dish. It’s so easy there are only 3 steps! It also happens to be vegan!
Cooking Time: Approx 25 minutes
- 80g Roughly Chopped Onion
- 40g Peeled & Roughly Chopped Ginger
- 500g Broccoli florets and stalk removed and roughly chopped (keep separate)
- 200g Potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 1tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 litre Water 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat the oil in a suitable pan and then sweat the onions until soft, then add the ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli stalks & potatoes then add the stock cube and water and bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the broccoli florets and then cook for a further 5-6 minutes then puree the soup and serve.