This is our guilt free twist on the timeless British classic ‘egg & chips’. Perfect for lunch or dinner, this protein packed veggie friendly meal mixes creamy root vegetables, earthy mushrooms and peppery rocket to create the perfect healthy meal that will leave you feeling fuller for longer.
Serves: 5 portions
You will need:
|· 500g Sweet potato
· 500g Jacket potato
· 200g Silver skin onions
· 250g Portobello mushroom
|· 3g of Dried oregano
· 30ml of Olive oil
· 5 Free Range eggs
· 30g Rocket
· Salt and pepper
- Wash the sweet potatoes and jacket potatoes then cut into 1 inch dice.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut into similar size dice as the potatoes.
- Wash & drain the rocket.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 Celsius.
- Mix the diced potato with the mushrooms and silver skin onions. Then mix with the oregano, salt, pepper (to taste) & olive oil and place in a suitable baking tray and place in the oven to cook until the potatoes are tender and golden.
- Transfer the potato mix into individual dishes and then crack one egg on each dish and place back in the oven to cook for approximately 5- 6 minutes then garnish with some rocket & serve immediately.
Let us know of any healthy and revitalising dishes you would like us to try in the comments below.