This ‘not so sinful’ gooey zucchini brownie is perfect for those moments of indulgence but without the guilt. We’ve introduced extra sweetness and some fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables, keeping this treat moist and irresistible
Serves: 8 portions
What will you need:
|· 3 eggs||· 45g of cocoa powder|
|· 10ml of vanilla essence||· 15g of baking powder|
|· 17g of granulated sugar||· 320g of courgette|
|· 60g of red apples||· 150g of dark cooking chocolate calottes|
|· 125g of wholemeal plain flour||· 10ml of vegetable oil|
- Spray a half baking tray with the vegetable oil, then line with silicone paper and spray again with vegetable oil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160c
- Wash and grate the courgettes
- Wash & grate the apples with the skin on.
- Break the eggs into a bowl then add the vanilla essence and sugar, and whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Then GENTLY fold in the wholemeal flour, cocoa, chocolate calottes, grated courgette & apple.
- Transfer the mix to the tray and bake for 30 to 35 minutes
- Once cooled, slice into squares and serve.
Let us know of any healthy and revitalising dishes you would like us to try in the comments below.